“This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to others who you feel are deserving of this award.”Here are my Nice nominees:
1. Greg of Daddy Types. He'll bristle at being called "nice" but he honestly is! Plus, DT was the first blog I ever got into reading and was my bloggy inspiration.
2. Jeff from Out With The Kids is also a super duper nice guy.
3. Krista from Dilettante in Distress is on a parallel path to my own here in lovely Wichita, Kansas.
4. Michelle at Xochitl Girl whose blog I discovered by chance.
5. My cousin-in-law and new mommy blogger, Jessie, at Seriously, Though….
Katja also tagged several memes. And since I am now officially Nice, I will actually make an attempt to finish them. Read on at your own risk, if you want to know a bunch of Naomi trivia…
List three important events and send it back to me and other friends to whose life you want to peak!
Ten years ago, in 1997
1. "Administrative Assistant" started feeling like a trap, even at a super hipster cool office with beer Fridays.
2. Moved from Seattle to Memphis to go back to school.
3. Met my husband-to-be although I had no idea at the time.
Five years ago, in 2002
1. Married Bob.
2. Godzilla cat came into our lives.
3. Settled in Wichita.
Three years ago, 2004
1. Veronica Roo was born, March 1st!
2. that pretty much overshadowed everything…
3. We found our house (a repo) and decided to remodel.
One year ago, in 2006
1. My grandma died.
2. Our cat family grew to 11.
3. Roo turned into the ruler of our family with her agility and speech faculty. Not a baby anymore. Scary.
So far this year, in 2007
1. Jasper Atom was born on July 19th!
2. The neighbor dog death toll on our cats rose to four.
3. The blog started rolling along.
1. My husband left my digital camera in the stroller at the zoo and it was, not surprisingly, stolen.
2. Jasper giggled and my mom heard it, too, so I didn't imagine it!
3. Did I mention the digital camera? Because I am still really bummed out about it.
1. Wrestled (seriously!) Roo into a leotard and tights and forced her to go to dance class even though she protested. "I had so much fun!" she said gleefully when I picked her up.
2. Had several "ooh, I should take a picture!" moments with the kids. Oops. Sure wish I still had my digital camera.
3. Finally finished doing these memes. Realized I am not very good at keeping track of dates.
1. Pumpkin Patch!
2. Fold laundry. Put it away.
3. Buy new leotard and tights for Roo so she can't claim they're too tight minutes before dance class starts.
1. I really want to take the kids back to Hawaii.
2. It will be my 20th high school reunion. Ack. I doubt anyone I would want to see will go, though.
3. I'd like to get back into some kind of work.
5 Things You didn't want to Know about Me
1. I could eat nothing but pizza for the rest of my life and be pretty happy.
2. I have never gotten over my sick Anglophilia.
3. I honestly never expected to have kids. (Or two kids. Or love having kids. Or nurse a kid for over two years…)
4. I can't pick up stuffed animals in stores or else I feel guilty and must buy them. So I don't hurt their feelings.
5. I was in a catfight photo spread in Kutie magazine back in the day.
And, lastly, this just-for-fun meme via Steph:
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)
Chocolate PB Chocolate Chip
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, hospital where you were born)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink)
The Pink Diet Coke
9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names )
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter)
Drawing a complete blank on my 5th grade teacher's name, sorry...
11. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower)
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
Banana Tank PJ Pants
13. HIPPIE NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree)
Strawberry Japanese Maple
14. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”)
The Thrifting Breeze Tour