Okay, I've been tagged on this several times on Facebook, so I'm posting it here if anyone wants to play along.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I am a lousy housekeeper and I don't particularly care, although I wish my house looked like something out of Dwell.
2. I have six cats and I am allergic to them all.
3. The first CD I ever bought was the import of Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim at Sound Exchange in Austin for my 18th birthday.
4. I had to buy a CD because my grandpa sent me a fancy CD player but no discs.
5. It irritates me when I encounter toilet paper that goes under instead of over. And it bothers me that it bothers me.
6. I was a Shoney's server in high school. Briefly. But I rocked the suntan hose and poly wrap skirt. I still have the "Try My Strawberry Pie" button I had to wear. Humiliating.
7. I never played with baby dolls or particularly liked kids before having Roo.
8. Now I can't imagine not having kids.
9. I've been a bargain hunter all my life. If someone gave me a pile of money and said "buy whatever you want" I would still troll thrift stores and clearance racks, looking for the score.
10. I've always been a total spelling and grammar Nazi but I swear the internets R makin me stoopid.
11. I am not a big outdoor person but I am working on it for my nature-loving brood.
12. I don't consider myself particularly shy but I hate talking about myself. And writing about myself.
13. I quit Japanese and Hebrew school when my parents divorced. They asked me if I wanted to keep taking extra classes and I said no. I was ten. I still regret it.
14. I was computer-phobic for much of my childhood and wish I had discovered Apple much, much sooner.
15. The longest I ever dated anyone before my husband was about three months. We dated for about four years before we got married.
16. I wish I'd dated more in high school and college. I think it would make being married easier. I don't argue effectively.
17. Most of my personality quirks are probably directly related to the fact that I was an only child who never really acted like a kid.
18. I am really happy that my kids do, indeed, act like children.
19. I never got past the first three chords on guitar.
20. I miss Seattle and Austin but not anywhere else I've lived.
21. I have two tattoos but I held out until I was 30 to get them.
22. I love that the internet allows people I haven't seen since junior high to find me.
23. If I could eat only pizza, spinach salad, and breakfast tacos for the rest of my life I could be happy. Oh, wait, I need chocolate, too.
24. I would like to be a more tolerant and relaxed person, in general, not only as a parent.
25. Coming up with 25 things to say about myself is really frickin' hard.