5 Minutes for Mom has started Say It Forward, a new Friday carnival to honor loyal commenters. I am a haphazard commenter, in general, so I am totally impressed with those of you who can not only keep up with the fast-paced blogosphere but actually comment on everyone else's blog. Pertinently, even!
I am blessed with quite a few lovely commenters but I am going to spotlight two who are incredibly smart and funny… and prolific, both on their own blogs and everyone else's, too!
Jennifer at Rundpinne:
and Erin at Mrs. Cox's Slice of Heaven:
I'm not going to say too much about these ladies other than they are wonderful people to get to know and seem to have unimaginably sweet and blog-friendly husbands (unlike my own crankypants spouse) and infectious positive outlooks on life. You must visit them to see what it is that I am writing about, I will go no further.
And did I mention they give me stuff? True. Erin gave me this award, so here are my five reasons why Life Is Grand:
1. Jasper sleeps through the night these days. Hallelujah!
2. Roo is the smartest, funniest, most confident girl I know.
(Mrs. Farinola says I am so popular, all the boys want to marry me… What does "popular" mean?)
3. Jasper got ahold of a marker just now while I was on the phone. It was a Crayola washable, not the Sharpie I ripped from his grasp earlier this morning, so it came off (the kitchen cabinets and appliances, coffee table, Jasper's face) with baby wipes. Yay!
4. Wichita is almost always sunny, with blue skies. Today it's about 53º and clear. Good for the psyche.
5. Our trash company has started offering biweekly recycling with a 96 gallon can. We no longer have to sort AND they are taking virtually everything now (it used to be cans and #1 and #2 plastics, and they did not recycle ANY glass)! I can't emphasize how thrilling it is to not have to cart all of our recycling to different places.
Jennifer has bestowed me with the Hooked on Your Blog award, so I shall tell you six things that make me happy.
1. Chocolate, in general.
2. Digital cable and DVRs.
3. Apple products, in general.
4. Hearing from long-lost friends on Facebook. (Yes, it's annoying at times but overall it's so great to reconnect, isn't it?)
5. Finding a bargain, no matter how big or small.
6. Having a parent conference and coming away with the feeling that the teachers really, really like my kid. Parental pride ROCKS, y'all.
If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. If you play along, please leave a link in the comments. And don't forget to visit Rundpinne and Mrs. Cox's Slice of Heaven to say hi!