This is a contest entry for those crazy folks at TodaysMama and Cricut. Be sure to check out Cricut's cool new cartridges and the chance at $30,000 in travel for you and your friends at the Great Gypsy Escape site!
Great Escape Meme
1. If you could escape to anywhere in the world where would it be?
The older I get, the more I miss where I grew up… the windward side of Oahu.
2. What song do you play when you are by yourself in the car?
Anything by the Fastbacks. Especially "In The Summer," which I like to sing along to, loudly, but no one else needs to be subjected to.
3. If you had a night to yourself, and money was no object, what would you do?
I really miss seeing live music. I'd find a show I wanted to go to and get there!
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Fashion magazines. Yes, I realize they're the tool of the man, so to speak but I love their glossy dreamworld.
5. What is the farthest place you have traveled away from your home?
Probably Israel when I was a toddler.
6. Last book that you couldn't put down?
Diary by Chuck Palahniuk
7. When you want to escape into another time, what movie do you watch?
Quadrophenia, which takes me back to junior high/high school (mid-late '80s) as well as the early 1960s.
8. What is your favorite local escape?
The Sedgwick County Zoo is really fantastic, we go there often.
9. How do you escape on a budget?
Tagging along with my parents!
10. Best food you've ever had while on vacation.
The first time Bob went back to Hawaii with me was amazing. He'd never had local food and he totally fell in love with everything, from cheapo plate lunch to the tasting menu at Alan Wong's and sushi at Sasabune.