- the kids weren't with me
- no one was hurt
- damage to the other car was minimal
- it was about two blocks from a police station
- the weather was lovely
- insurance should cover everything
The bad things:
- my very first ticket (never had a parking or speeding ticket in my life, ugh)
- my car is so old (1999) that the insurance company may very well consider it totalled
- $1000 deductible
- going to have a rental car for a while
- ruined a perfectly nice day
- my poor, poor beloved SUV looks like this:
I swear, it's all because I was cheating on it with the loaner last week. I can't tell you how bummed out I will be if they decide my car is totalled. They don't make the same body style anymore and I love it. It's my second car, ever. Sigh.
On a brighter note, the insurance guy said the lady I hit said I was "a sweet young lady" and assumed I was in my early '20s. Only off by a couple of decades. So at least my vanity had a little ego boost…
Cross your fingers and toes that my car is fixable and that I'll never be distracted by couches sitting on peoples' front lawns again.