- 6 to 8 million pets enter U.S. shelters each year. Many are lost family pets.
- 1 in 3 family pets will get lost.
- Without ID, 90 percent of lost pets will not return home.
- Today, only 3 to 4 percent of dogs, and less than 1 percent of cats, arriving at U.S. shelters are microchipped.
- A microchip is the only form of pet identification that is permanent, with a unique number that cannot fall off, be altered or be removed.
In accordance to the FTC Guidelines and the WOMMA Code of Ethics, I am disclosing that no compensation has been received in exchange for this post. I am simply a pet lover and Betty White fan. As usual, all opinions are my own.