Babeland sent me a DVD of The Opening of Misty Beethoven and I hemmed and hawwed about watching it. I'm not much of a porn viewer, especially now that we have kids. Whenever we actually have time to sit down and watch a movie, it's more likely to be something that won't incite us to any… action, if you know what I mean. Contemporary porn freaks me out, what with all the fake boobs and fake tans and hairlessness in high resolution digital. At least seventies-era porn has a kitsch factor to go along with the gratuitous sex, with its deliberate artfulness (storylines! scripted dialogue! shot on film! actual acting!), cool soundtracks and funky hairdos and way-out clothes…
The Opening of Misty Beethoven was released in 1976 and it's a pornographic retelling of the Pygmalion/My Fair Lady story. Actually, it's basically Pretty Woman with penetration and no moral agenda. The cinematography and acting are impressive and the acting is surprisingly good but it is hardcore pornography, so there is definitely a gross-out factor. Still, the dialogue is witty and amusing. If you're going to watch porn, you might as well watch some that's could almost pass as a real movie.
The Opening of Misty Beethoven, $24.99 at Babeland.com- free shipping on orders over $50 through August 31st.
Don't forget to enter Babeland's Summer Love Sex Toy Contest, which also ends on August 31st. You could win your wish list, up to $500 worth!
Probably TMI but here's my Babeland toy wish list:
1. Sasi - $185/ now on sale for $148 - Sleek, modern design combine with intuitive technology that remembers what you like. Wow!
2. We-Vibe - $130 - Waterproof, rechargeable, and meant for a couple to use together…
3. Pure Wand - $108 - Is it art or is it a sex toy? I'd like to find out.
4. Better Than Chocolate - $80 - I'd like to see if it lives up to its name.
5. Hello Kitty Vibrator - $40 - I actually was given one as a gag gift from a friend's trip to Japan about 15 years ago. The cuteness is unbelievable. See for yourself: