This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
1. Stop being merely creative and actually start creating.
2. Learn how to sew properly. If you ever saw the pants I pegged in high school or anything I have supposedly mended for the kids, you will know what I mean when I say "properly."
3. Live by the ocean. Ideally in Hawaii, on the Windward side of Oahu. Take advantage of the proximity.
4. Use a DSLR with precision and skill instead of on auto.
5. Take a sleeper train across Canada.
6. Ride a motorcycle without burning myself. Yes, there's a story. No, I'm not telling it to you.
7. Take the kids to Okinawa with my mom and see where she grew up. Get to know the family we still have there.
8. Speak Japanese well enough to converse. Preferably in Okinawa with aforementioned relatives.
9. Visit my friend Sylvia in Barcelona.
10. Have a lipstick color named in my honor.
11. Learn to surf. Seriously. I know one of the prizes for this whole contest is a trip to Las Olas Surf Camp but this has been on my list for a while. I grew up in Hawaii and never learned to surf. Okay, I did manage to successfully windsurf once or twice, but that is the extent of my expertise. Pretty sad.
12. Ride a horse.
13. Transfer platforms from Blogger to Wordpress. This sounds minor but for some reason I've been stalling on it.
14. Write one good song. Music and lyrics.
15. Never stand in Roo or Jasper's way. Let them become their own people and be proud of them, no matter what.