Here are my answers to 3 Ps in a Pod's MOM Tag Meme:
1. Typically, what time do you wake up?
6 am, thanks to Jasper and the evil kitty cats. Roo's sleeping in until 7 or 7:15 these days.
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
Roo is usually in bed by 8. Jasper falls asleep a little later but demands to be held until I go to bed. I know, I know.
3. How long have you been a mommy?
Four years. Fifteen to Piewackett!
4. How old were you when you became a mom?
5. What is your favorite kids T.V. show?
Max and Ruby.
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show?
Caillou. I hate his whiny voice.
7. What is your favorite chore?
I hate chores, unequivocally! Maybe dusting or mopping is the worst. I also never iron.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Pizza? I love to bake more than cook.
9. What is your least favorite meal to cook?
Turkey. Actually, anything with a carcass.
10. What is your kids favorite meal?
Macaroni, chicken nuggets. Calamari.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
He plays with them. I never played much as a kid so it always impresses me that he will spend hours making up stories or drawing with Roo.
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom?
Sticky kisses, baby toes, Roo's knock-knock jokes, kids' clothes, picture books.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
Barcelona to see my friend Sylvia. Hawaii to see my dad. Disneyland.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Like on an errand or actually OUT? I ran to the bank and post office today sans children. But I haven't been out without them since before Jasper was born.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?
Make up songs.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother.
"Because I say so."
17. Name something you do, that your mom did.
Get impatient too often.
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
Tenacity and conviction.
19. What is your favorite kids book?
The Story of Ferdinand. I also love Big Sister, Little Sister.
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Don't compare your baby to other babies.
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
When one of my kids is hurt and I can't do anything about it.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom?
Seeing the way my daughter and son interact. It is so amazing to see how much they love one another already and I know they will be close for their whole lives.
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids you loved them?
FIve minutes ago, nursing Jasper and watching him fall asleep.
24. When was the last time you were told?
About two hours ago when I was kissing Roo good night.
Answer these for yourself then go wish Alyson a happy 500th post and sign the Mr Linky to enter to win some mommy-pampering stuff!